WindowShopper lets you use visual search to find shoes, handbags, jewelry, home decor or any other product! Click on products images in any site to also compare prices, find deals, and get coupons.
Tag Archives | window
Is that Firefox browsing window too big or too small for you? Maybe it is just right, and you would like to keep it that way? The Window Resizer add-on for Firefox lets you resize Firefox to tons of sizes (and remembers them for later!).
Why Resize and Reposition Firefox Automatically?
That says to keep the browser 1024 in width, 1000 pixels high and to move to to the desktop location of 640 pixels left and 10 pixels down. If you used:
That would set it up to be in the top left corner. Depending on your screen size those last two numbers are what you want to change to get the position right and the first two number would be your browser size. There is probably some mathematical way to figure out the right number for the position you want – but if your like me you just changed the numbers around till you got it in the position you need. What if you wanted the browser height to be all the way from the top of the screen to the bottom? In that case you could change the second number in resizeTo (in both examples that would be the 1000) to screen.availHeight.
Notice now that by copy and pasting this into your address bar and hitting enter will make the browser as tall as it can be, with the width of 1024 pixels and in the left side of the screen.
How do You Create the Resizing Bookmark?
In the memory of every great cooking show I have ever seen, let me take a page out of their book and give you a link to drag into your bookmark toolbar so you can see the effects of this simple desktop organizational hack:
Now I know somebody will bring up the fact that a number of extensions will do this same action too. This provides a way of simply adding the feature in without the need of another add-on.
Want to know how to turn off that annoying “session restore” window that you get when Firefox tries to start back up from a crash? Ok, maybe annoying is a little harsh. A lot of people like the window, and a lot of people don’t like it. Who am I to judge?
If you find yourself in the camp with the annoyed folks, this is what you do:
1. type about:config in your browser URL
2. go to the browser.sessionstore.enabled setting
3. change the setting to false
There you go! All fixed now. Thanks to the scott.hodson.blog for the source of this information, and Philip for sending me the link.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Keylogger Nov/29
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....